Friday, January 30, 2009

Operation Bottle

Well, aside from Eva smiling all the time and sleeping though the night she has one little issue. She will not drink from a bottle. She has gone 16 hours without eating on Sunday and she goes up to 5 1/2 hours between feedings while I am at work. I leave work twice to nurse her. We have tried 9 different bottles. We have tried formula. My mom has tried cheer leading for 1 hour straight. Dave has tried marching with her singing "The Saints Go Marching In" while feeding her. Since I returned to work I thought her day care provider might have some luck. She is known as the "baby whisper." She told me on Thursday that she feels like a failure. I am still deciding how to proceed with this situation. Here is Eva on her 16 hour fast. She would cry with the bottle in her mouth and was much happier with no bottle.



Here is Dave feeding her with a silver spoon. It worked better than the eye dropper, syringe, and tippi cup.





No comments: