Monday, March 30, 2009

Priceless Love

I never counted on having children that love each other. Typically, I expect the worst so that I can not be disappointed. I didn't know I would love watching child one help child two. When I was doing laundry in my room after I put Eva down for a nap Luke insisted that she needed her stuffed animal. He went downstairs to get it for her and then ran back up the stairs. As he was doing this I just warned him not to put it on top of her face. Later, I went in and saw how perfect she was after Luke tucked her in for her nap.
Now Luke is wearing Eva's new sun hat and drinking from his pink bottle. He must like having a sister. He does love the part in the song, "He's got the whole world in his hands," where it says ,"you and me sister." He makes sure to point to Eva where ever she is...upstairs, still in the car sleeping, or sitting on my lap.

Having two kids is great most of the time. I didn't want to leave out a note about the difficult times, however, since Eva has been born here are the books that I have read:

Bringing up Boys
Love Languages of Children
Parenting with Love and Logic
Raising Kids You Want to Keep
How to Talk so Children Will Listen
Manipulative Children
Changing Your Child's Behavior by Changing Yours

My least favorite parts of the days are when my children hurt me (physically). Eva is really good at pulling my hair, scratching me, and pulling away about 6 inches while she is nursing while not letting go of me. Luke has started this new thing where he tries to strangle me and pull my hair and climb on me at the same time. It is a good thing these only happen once a day.

Occasionally, I want to be able to get more things done in a day. But at the end of the day I can always count on the fact that I have loved my children.

No comments: