Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Race writing

Every so often Luke goes through some new stage. He used to be Mr. Puzzle or Mr. Line up. Now he is into doing everything fast and doing everything to completion. He will do one 368 page coloring book in one sitting just so he can wear down the crayons and so he can color on every page. He went through one box of the wide crayons in 3 days. He has a similar obsession with sidewalk chalk. It took him less than 40 minutes to use an entire case of sidewalk chalk. We have now switched to dry erase materials so I do not have to buy 300 pages for every day he is home in the summer. We are working on slowing down when he is writing. He also loves getting data on any distance or speed he can obtain. He keeps a running log of Dave's odometer every time he gets home. Right now it is over 221,000 miles and it is winning. My car only has about 140,000 miles. He needs to know the distance of every place that he loves to visit. How far to Minnesota, Chicago, Eagle River, Sayner, Sheboygan, Madison, Watertown, etc. He needs comparative data on the velocities of every car, plane, helicopter, golf cart, horse, bird, cheetah, and person. He does love looking at how big the number will be in the back of books. He still will collect all the largest books in the house, including the bible and make a two foot stack and ask me to add the total number of pages. I also included a picture of a missing piece to my car. Luke likes to play in the car and he got this from somewhere. I can't find where it goes and I was wondering if anybody knows. It is not the ash tray. You would think I could figure it out.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Stanley said...

I think it looks like the liner of a center console...hmmm..the mysteries of life that I never thought I'd have to figure out - until I had kids!