Sunday, January 09, 2011

Christmas Grace

"Acts of grace that go beyond the Christmas spirit, a sense of humor that is undeniably your own, a way of listening that always make me feel so understood, I am grateful for your kindness and understanding...
You have made my life richer, happier, and better in more ways that you can know.  Merry Christmas"

This is a Christmas card I recieved from a patient.  Its one card I just can't put away.  It is one of the reasons that I love my job.  I truly think I have one of the best jobs.  I know this because I would do it every day without getting paid.  I love everyone of my patients and learn so much from them.  I feel one of my gifts is the gift of mercy.  Helping people recover from pain and injury allows me to use this gift.

Some moms say their job is a great break from their kids.  I have never felt this way.  I would rather be with my kids.  At work I have more people to nurture and care for every minute of the day.  It is certainly not relaxing and I am challenged often. I am still grateful for those who helped me with my education so I can do what I do.

No comments: