Thursday, December 05, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving 2013 was my first time to host.  I didn't think I was a good candidate to host because I have never cooked something with a bone in it before.  I can't open my dish washer or cabinets without everything being taken out by Hudson and I certainly can't keep the finger prints off of my appliances.  However, I love family so I wanted to host to earn my womanhood.

We started the day with a turkey trot.
   

The Menu
Mulled Cider and Coffee
Sweet and Sour Brussel Sprouts
Healthy Green Bean Casserole with fresh mushroom and fresh breaded onion
Gram's stuffing
Mashed Potato
Freshly baked Corn Bread, Banana Bread, Rolls
Sweet Potato with Cinnamon Apple
Turkey and Gravy
Ham
Assorted Pies
 
 
 

We had a Connect Four Launchers tournament that was won by Bennett.  We also had a Double Shudder tournament  where lowest score was best and Tim, Gail, Cheryl, Ethan all got zero after a few trys.  Erica was 13 Luke was 9, Glenn and Georgia were both 5 and I was 18.  (Eva was 41.)  The kids are not in most of the pictures because they were outside sledding.
 

Hudson and Gail share a birthday. My dad is just two days later.  Cheryl and Richard had their birthday the week before.  Thus five candles in the pumpkin pie.
 

The twins opted for root beer floats in place of pie.

My mom came a day early to help and was a great encouragement.  She didn't even need the new $24 thermometer I bought for the Turkey.
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: