Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day

The Friday before Mother's Day was beautiful. The weather made it seem like spring was really here. I had a very special day with the children.

Mother's Day is deceiving because Luke and Eva are supposed to appreciate you for a day and they do not even know it is Mother's day. So, husbands have to appreciate their wives in honor of the children. But the Friday before Mother's day was such a gift where Luke and Eva really loved me all day long. It started with a mother's day breakfast at school. Luke and I sat a one of his small snack tables and ate a breakfast snack together. His eyes were bright as he was narrorating what everyone was doing. Later, Luke made me a gift at school and when I picked him up he galloped to get it, looked inside, and then shouted, "My Gift," and ran to give me a long hug. I cried just a little. On the way home the grade school was having a half day so there were many buses wating to pick up the children. As we drove past, Luke asked to go back and watch the buses so we made a U-turn and went back to school. We got out of the car and watched all the dismissal activity. Luke stood with a wide stance and his hands clapsed behind his back appearing to be very serious about his bus watching business. Both kids napped at the same time. And then we spent the rest of the day enjoying the beautiful weather. In the evening I went out to eat with 9 great friends that I am doing a bible study with. It is always great to get in some Ladie's nights.

On Sunday we went to Eberts with both sides of the family and then we went out to eat with Dave's family and had a wonderful time. Luke enjoyed reading books with all the familiy members and looking out the window at a bus parked outside.

I have realized that I do not like change. I love my kids just the way they are and don't want them to get one day older. I wish I could always have a 6 month old and a 3 year old around for the rest of my life. The only problem, I will be alive for 60 more years and it is not possible for me to have 30 more children so I can always have young kids. Even if I had 8 more children they would still grow up. When the children are older and I miss this young stage I may need to get a pet; a dog or a horse. I will need something that I can give unlimited kisses to and pet.

1 comment:

Buntrock said...

I bet your kids will let you give them unlimited kisses...even when they are 30:)