Monday, April 18, 2011

Luke's Spring Semester

Maria Montessoi talks about developing the full potential of the child.  She believes in an unlimited potential if the child is freed by the right setting.  I can not believe what the children (2.5-6 years old) can do when they are at school.  I could never recreate this at home and I could never help Luke to do the things his teachers help him to do.  I am so thankful that he will have a strong foundation to build his academics on.

Luke multiplying 9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9 with the beads.
 Luke and the 10 chain or 10 cubed.  It is so long it goes around the corner.
 Luke adding 3473 + 2524 with Lincoln.

 Luke and Kate working on Europe.
 Kate is a better reader than Luke so she often reads to him.  I just think this is so cute.  This year he is learning to work in a community.

 Here Luke is working on using "sh" in words.
 This is my favorite.  Luke can choose to spell what words he is interested in during this activity.  He has all the most important people from mom, dad, luke, eva, and then crooz ship.  Luke has been asking when we can go on a cruise ship again.  I told him when Eva has good manners at the dinner table we can go on a cruise.  He has been trying to teach her all the right things so we can reach our goal.  Obviously he was thinking about it during this work.

No comments: