Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

Being a mom is the greatest and it if fun to celebrate.  We spent the entire weekend as a family and drove 313 miles together.  The trip really proves that Eva needs a car seat that she can not get out of.  The hand-me-down car seat we have used for Luke and Eva does not strap down completely anymore.  We had a great time mountain biking at Kettles.  Luke and Eva played while Dave and I each biked about an hour.  Eva brought her scoot bike and was looking like quite the mountain biker.  She would go at top speed through some trails at the start and she laughed and said her smile was wiggling because it was so bumpy.  Dave and I haven't been biking since we were in Colorado or California and I kept wondering where the hills where.  It was nice to not have over a 1,000 foot climb just to get started.  We then went to Whitnal park with my family.  The boys jumped every fountain, went under every waterfall, and crossed every "do not cross" path.  Uncle Bryce started the roll down the hill tradition that we used to do when we were young.  Then we had a gourmet picnic while the kids played at the playground.  The next day we drove to Appleton and went out to eat with Dave's family and Riley's family.

















I got some fun presents from the kids... Luke brought me a yellow flower in a painted pot, two Hershey kisses wishing me a sweet Mother's Day, a poem with hand prints and the following questions. 


What is your mom really good at?  Reading a book
What does your mom do to relax?  Rest
Where does your mom like to shop? Target
How old is your mom? 33
What do you love most about your mom?  That she loves me so much
If you could buy your mom anything, what would it be?  A treadmill
What does your mom do while you are at school?  She works

"Your the best Mom, Love Luke"

Eva also made me a flower in a painted pot.  She was so proud to give it to me during our Mother Child breakfast. 

No comments: